Free dailies best-read in France

20 Minutes, Metro and Plus/Direct Matin are the best-read newspapers in France according to the AudiPresse One 2011/2012 survey

Market leader 20 Minutes is read by 4.4 million readers (+2% compared to the 2011 research). Metro lost 3% and now has 2.9 million readers. The Plus/Direct Mation papers (Bolleré together with local partners) gained 5% and climbed to 2.8 million readers.

Local paper Ouest France is fourth (2.5 million readers) while the Le Parisien/Aujourd’hui combination has 2.4 million readers.

The overall pattern since 2005 – with all free papers showing a substantial readership growth – does not seem to point to a massive readership shift from paid to free papers. (click on graph for bigger version)

france_readers_2005_2012

Comments are closed.