Metro Brazil: three editions since 2009

MetroSantos2010Metro Brazil expanded in 2009 with two new editions for the ABC area (Greater São Paulo: Santo André, São Bernardo do Campo, São Caetano do Sul) and Santos. The ABC edition (circulation 40,000) was launched in October, while the Santos edition (30,000) started in December 2009. In total Metro distributes 220,000 copies in Brazil. Metro launched in May 2007 in Sao Paolo, the operation is owned for 70.01% by Grupo Bandeirantes; Metro International owns the remaining 29.99%.

In Sao Paulo also Destak (minority owned by Portuguese publisher Cofina, 2006), Metrô News (launched in 1974!), Jornal Estação Notícia. Free sports daily Jornal Placar (spin off from paid sport weekly Placar) went to a two-days-a-week schedule in July 2009.

MetroMagazine (Rio de Janeiro) went back to once every two weeks (and calls itself Metro – logo on a green background, sounds familiar). Also in Curbita (Jornal do Ônibus), Londrina (Jornal de Londrina), Brasilia (Coletivo Brasilia) and Campos Gerais (Pagina Um).

Comments are closed.